Sunday, January 12, 2014

Douceur

Top of the morning to ya!


     So... My father has encouraged me for several years to consider entrepreneurial pursuits. I have lived in fear and worry and refused to try. I enjoy expressing creativity through decorating, baking, and fashion and have often wondered how I could do something that involves those entrepreneurial passions. However, I procrastinated and talked.

    The name "Douceur" is French for "sweetness". My 'brother', Jusob, who speaks french amongst other languages, came up with several names for me to choose from. Jusob is 17 years old and I am continually amazed at how business savvy he is! My dad helped us with our basic business slide and my mom and other cheerleaders have been supporting us and giving us lots of ideas and contacts.

     If I ever write a book, I'll have to dedicate it to a LOT of people. 

    Marli, who has an event planning business, started talking to me about ideas that she had and connections that she also had. Morgan and I decided to start working on a business plan and asking for advice from everyone we could. 

    Morgan and I have these amazing friends - sisters- who are highly gifted in fashion and baking. Raeesa, the older sister, is a fashion designer and does custom dresses and gowns for girls and women. Ridwana, her younger sister, is a highly gifted baker. We have enjoyed her treats quite a bit. 

    The week that Morgan and I went to Pretoria with Marli, Marli informed us that she would be having some government officials at her lodge. They requested a revised menu and Marli decided to out-source the starters and desserts to us. It was an exciting opportunity and I made mistakes. But I thank God that He gave us the strength and support to step out and do it. 

   Ridwana heard about our order and got very excited. She gave me presentation suggestions for my pies and offered to make sugar domes for them... I had never heard of those before!

   Below are a couple of photos of one of the starters and one of the desserts... 




I would tell you what all this involved, but I'd have to kill you!




 Just look at these!! I watched Ridwana make four of these domes in a span of 5 or so minutes.


Morgan made a delcious foccacia bruschetta... She went above and beyond with the ingredients... Unfortunately again, I'd have to kill you if I told you. ;-)




"Well... That's all I have to say about that."


No comments:

Post a Comment