Monday, January 27, 2014

{Day Two Part 2}

Goeie nag!


      Before I sleep... I want to share photos from this evening. I made my first Afrikaans meal with my friend, Charlotte. Marli gave me an Afrikaans cookbook for my birthday and I gave her my favourite recipes for HER birthday (which is two days after mine).

     Bobotie is actually influenced by the Cape Malay people and is really good. It has an interesting combination of flavours that make a yummy, simple meal for plenty.




I decided to throw in my experiment. Mom usually buys
this grain-ladened bread that nobody eats because
it's just...scary. So, I decided to use it for bread pudding 
because I wanted to make up a custard sauce to go on top. I used
PW's bread pudding recipe as a base and (of course) added my own twist.
The custard turned out really well. I was so pleased and I had Charlotte and Liezl's approval.  I prepared it similarly to chocolate ganache. 


Meet Charlotte. Graceful. Genuine. Lovely. Servant-hearted. Man! God
has surrounded me with such wonderful young women. They challenge me 
to love people and serve for the glory of God. 


 Being truly Afrikaans (although her mother is English), 
she helped me make the bobotie. Well... She did most of it, I must admit. 



Graham and Liezl. It is scary having them both under the same roof.
They are equally mischievous, yet really thoughtful, like most of the same stuff,
and you never have to wonder what they're honest opinion is!


Liezl and Gabbi are also very close. Gabbi was excited
to join her at school for track practice this afternoon.


The handsome couple, Dewald and Marli! I tell them God brought me here t
o make sure that they get married.Dewald is the master at making potjiekos - another famous South African dish.


The other partners-in-crime. Raymond and Gabbi, who are both youngest children, share the same playful gleam in their eyes. I have no idea what they were talking about...



Whelp! I'm off to bed and pray the Lord to give me strength for spinning again!




Lekker slaap!



No comments:

Post a Comment