Monday, January 27, 2014

{Day Two}

Top of the morning to ya!!


    Herein lies Day 2 photos... Gabbi and I got an early start... In fact, we got up before "early". 4:30 is an ungodly hour to arise. However, good things come to those who go to spinning early. Besides, I embrace the siesta culture and will probably enjoy a horizontal life pause sometime later.

    Saturday night, we had a braai with some youth and young adults. It was very nice but we ended up with WAY too much temptation- I mean, dessert!! WAAAY too much. And I'm trying to get the Ultimate Responsible Daughter award by ridding our house of the desserts, soft drinks, and other fatty foods that so easily entangle... AIYEE!!

   (One of my lovely handsome brothers *cough... GRAHAM* drank an entire liter of soda to himself. I don't get how the boy stays so slim. Just isn't fair.)

    We've also embraced the South African way of keeping our windows open during the day. The mountain breeze (even in the summer) is a great and economical substitute for air con. The only con is that all God's bugs are attracted to the lights. Just walking upstairs, I saw four or five different species of insects. They are of manageable size, so I am ok.

  Behold... Day 2 photos.



Gabbi took advantage of the fact that it was 6:15am 
and our dear brothers were still blowing bubbles and dreaming
about sugarplum trees... So, she gathered the terrible-awfuls 
and threw them OUT.


I bet that if Graham saw this, a tear would fall from the
corner of his eye.


Talk about a prey-er warrior! This preying mantis has been on the
stairwell since Saturday... Thanks to him, we have less moths
and other weird bugs.




"Well... That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment