Sunday, May 4, 2014

Where Have I Been???

Top of the morning to ya!


    I would not be surprised if by now you all have given up on me... I have come on quite a few times with the good intention of blogging... Not sure what happened.

    I want to take a moment to extend gratitude to the faithful few in Germany, South Africa, occasionally some other countries, and all of my American friends and family! I'm not sure who all of you are... But I get so excited when I see the numbers of people from each country still coming on here. ;-) ... It's like Christmas every time!

     - Anywho... Just a little "shout-out" to all of you.


    April was our respite month... Not really. But we tried. It was also the only month that we did not have overseas guests. Now, we eagerly anticipate the arrival of friends from overseas each month for the rest of 2014. - I'm so excited!

     The Lord has been gracious to this pathetic anxious little being. Despite my worries, He has remembered my prayers and reminded ME of my prayers. One of which being that wherever I go with Douceur, that I never stray from the path He has blessed and that all would be for His glory. Shortly after I prayed this, I sat back - didn't feel like preparing my fields for rain - and shrugged everything off "in the name of Jesus". My attitude?? Eh. I'll wait and see what happens.

    I was quickly humbled by a call from a friend who asked me to send a last-minute quote for 6 savoury tarts for a friend's wedding.

   I was floored.

   But I didn't take that order as justification for my apathetic attitude. Rather, I realised that the Lord was graciously prodding me on and showing me that every good gift is from Him. I need but prayerfully seek out opportunities.

    In short... That got me going again. With more encouragement from family and friends - and my life-long sister-in-crime, Mo, by my side - I summoned up the guts to talk with our friends who own The Food Fundi... And boy, did God bless above and beyond there!

    Words fail me.

     So... I've been baking my little heart out recently and here are just a few of last month's personal favourites:


 

I taught a friend how to make a cake for her daughter's 3rd birthday. 
I found an *incredible* chocolate cake recipe on FOODESS.com. 
Naturally, I added my own twist and also made an espresso-shot buttercream frosting. Not espresso buttercream... Espresso SHOT buttercream. "Shot" bears much significance in the outcome. :-)
It. Was. Delectable.


This was my first-ever Challah bread. 
Everyone kept looking at this bread and saying "CHALLAH!" like valley girls... I'll never look at this bread the same way again. So annoying. 

Every year, my father leads us in Pesach and we usually invite others to join us. 
I decided to go all-out
and look up traditional Pesach dishes. (I didn't follow all of the
rules and I incorporated traditional
Shabbat foods, as well... We follow the Messiah, anyways. There's freedom in Christ! 
Challah-lujah!) ...Ok. Enough of the corn-ation.

 As believers, we commemorate how the Lord brought His people out of Egypt, and remember the anticipation of the Messiah throughout what we call the "Old Testament". 
The exciting part as
believers is that we not only celebrate Pesach... but we rejoice because the Messiah has come, he conquered death, and He is seated victorious on His throne!



Morgan made this spectacular Israeli flat bread that we also found in our research.
It's a regular part of our lives now... That and dipping oil. Yum! ... And if you're American, it's even better warm from the oven dabbed in butter. Oh yes, people!





"Well... That's all I have to say about that."
















No comments:

Post a Comment