Friday, May 16, 2014

The Warrior Race - Hartbeespoort Dam

Top of the morning to ya!




It was my idea. I heard about it.
6.3km - 15 obstacle race. Sounded manageable.
So I signed us up. Two 5-man teams.
Team Hazak: Dad, Mo, Graham, Liezl, and Rylan.
Team Forte: Raymond, Craig, Aaron, Gab... and me.
Team Forte beat Team Hazak.
They retained a few casualties such as Liezl losing BOTH of her shoes in the first mud pit.
Dad had to carry her for a lot of the running.
Thorns. Everywhere.
But we still would've had them. Whatever they may say.

The Warrior Race was started by a Cali guy. He moved to SA in '94. We only did the Rookie or "Recruit" level. There's Commando and Black Ops.
I didn't envy them. I need to get in shape.

Talk about a small world: my dad was talking to the man who started it and they have a mutual acquaintance.



Team Forte. At the finish line waiting - with binoculars - for Team Hazak to appear.

Ok. I'll stop. ;-)
But when your father - of adult children, mind you - can still sprint 100m in 10sec flat... It's a pretty big deal when you beat his team of athletes.


This platform is a lot higher when you climb it. Someone must've taken this photo from a crane.
But I would rather jump into ice-cold muddy water than do burpees. 
So I jumped on "3".



Waking up at 4am, driving the 4hrs there, competing, winning (important sigh), and driving the 4hrs back home was worth it! What a blast... Dad is already calling for a re-match.






"Well... That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment