Monday, April 7, 2014

The Bruce


Top of the morning to ya!

    

 This one is for our little buddy, Bruce or The Bruce...





Meet "The Bruce". Our handsome little nephew. Here he is with
his favourite person besides Oupa Craig: Uncle "G". Bruce LOVES
Graham and every time I see him he asks: G??


Bruce is quite the curious adventurer.
 I often look at him in awe as I consider the fact this 2yr old is 
entirely oblivious to the fact
that he is an American traveling the world and exploring Africa.


My goal is to be Bruce's favourite aunt and I think I'm getting pretty close!
He definitely looks up to men, which is awesome, but he is kind enough
to share some love with the ladies. ;-) Sunday afternoon, we went to have lunch at 
his new house where he has even more to explore. It's hard keeping him from climbing up the rocks
like a "proper Boer" child... Barefoot. 
He was disappointed with me for telling him he couldn't
climb past a certain point. He furrowed his eyebrows and pointed up the rock face saying, "MAHN-keys!" (Monkeys.)
I am not one for tricking children, but this little guy was so persistent that I finally said:
"Bruce, the monkeys are at church."
Bruce looked up at me quizzically and said: Bible? JESUS???
Me: Yes, Bruce. They went to read the Bible and learn about Jesus.

To my surprise, he was satisfied and soon began to distract himself
with other curious things to be explored in the garden.


Kait sent me an SMS this morning saying: No monkeys today. They must still be at church! 





"Well... That's all I have to say about that."




No comments:

Post a Comment