Monday, August 26, 2013

Who Let the Dogs Out


Meet Pip, the yo-yo poo. She is 6lbs of pure beast to any of you guests who may think about coming for dinner, social occasions, or business without her specific invitation. But if you are a regular, you'll see the sweetest irresistible puppy who gives this look when you get her in trouble. 


Top of the morning to ya!

   Due to African internet and many other factors, I am limited to how often I can blog. I have been taking plenty of iPhone pictures and documenting the many exciting events since my last post. 

   A few days ago, I decided to go outside and see things from the dogs' point of view. We have a large Rhodesian Ridgeback, a yorkie-poo, and her puppy, Pip, who is a yo-yo poo. So you can imagine the perspectives. Unfortunately, (don't let my dad know I told you this) I am not a dog lover and these pictures are a bit biased. Rhodes is a superb dog, but too big for my taste and often interferes with what I am doing. Menina, my mom's yorkie-poo, WAS cute until she got pregnant and now has a head of cement when you tell her go outside or kennel... But Pip... Ah Pip! She is Graeme's and my success child. Super sweet. Obedient. LOVES going outside (like a real dog), and is darn cute.

   So... More of the pictures will either be of her or from her perspective. 


 Pip and Rhodes avoiding eye-contact with me. They are partners in crime and I had to put them both in time-out... That lasted for 15min. That is cruel, I know. But I got lots of cute pics. ;-) 


 Pip, being the beast that she is, decided to stare me down until I restored the offenders.


Rhodes, on the other hand, was so remorseful that he feared he would explode if he DARED to make eye-contact. Poor guy!


He got pretty exhausted... I would too. 


 His face is just too pathetic!


 After about 15min, I told them both "good boy!!" and "good girl!!". They were so elated that they kissed. Too cute!


 My FAVORITE thing about Pip (and possibly what contributes to why I discipline her so much *cough*) is that she jumps into your lap, showers you with kisses, and looks at you like this to make sure her restoration is genuine after she has just gotten in trouble. And then throughout the day, your toes will get kissed when she's passing by.


I decided, in order to avoid anymore ramifications and chaos, to let them exert energy outside... But these two are sometimes irresistible when they ask you to come play like this. So I grabbed my professional iPhone and went out.


 Rhodes got a little worried when I laid down on the veranda step to get at his level. 


Pip, too, showed some concern when I army-crawled to her level.


And Menina came over to see if the strange rectangular device had anything to do with the fact that I was lying on the ground. 


One thing that perplexed me was what was so interesting about our outdoor tables and chairs to the dogs. That was until I got down to their level...


... And once I got down to Pip's level, the boring outdoor set turned into an awesome jungle gym.


Or how this pool that is a perfect watering hole for Rhodes...


Is a vast ocean to the likes of Pip.


"Well... That's all I have to say about that."


3 comments:

  1. Caelyn, this is sooo cute!!! And seriously??? a Whitlock not loving dogs?... hmmm i won't tell ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! I know, I know... I'm terrible.

      There was only one dog in the world I wanted and it was my pap's German Shephard, Max. My pap got him when I was a little girl. He eventually had to sell him to a farmer and I was devastated.

      Morgan and I used to pray that God would have an angel carry him all the way from Pennsylvania to Ft. Benning, GA where we lived. Haha!

      Max was the BEST dog ever and he will always remain that to me.

      Delete
  2. Aw, Caelyn...that is so sweet!!! I can imagine you both being little (and cute!) and praying for Max! :) precious!!

    ReplyDelete