Friday, August 30, 2013

The Food Fundi Cafe



 Top of the morning to ya!

   As I am sure many of you who know the Whitlocks already know... We LOVE food. When we lived in Moçambique, we had our favourite cafe that we found and EVERYBODY knew us there. (I mean... how can you miss a family of seven that completely rearranges the outdoor seating just to get a table???) Praise the Lord we have found our new hotspot.

  Ladies and gentlemen... May I present to you The Food Fundi!   - It was started by two gifted chefs who have not only completed culinary training but have also proven themselves all over the world. I especially appreciate the experience that they've had because they understand our culinary passion, which most Afrikaners and black South Africans don't quite get unless they have been to Europe or the US.

   The salad above is one that Gordon, one of the brothers who owns the cafe, recommended to me a few days ago. I decided to try it yesterday and my taste buds were doing the hallelujah dance! Rooibos Smoked Chicken Salad with pineapple chutney. Who'd 'a thunk??






Mo and I were a bit pumped about going today... It was my third time this week. 


No one would ever know by our calm faces how silly we were before arriving. 


I apologise about the lighting! But here is Mom. :-) 


I don't know why, but my brothers love a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with a...BACON, EGG, AND CHEESE omlette.


This salad deserves a second photo! It has cashews (which sounds scary, but trust me, folks!), pineapple chutney, rooibos smoked chicken, tomatoes, Danish feta, and some fabulous drizzle. YUM!


This tea he also recommended. I had Gabbi take a photo for me because she was closer; but the girl is so fast-paced that she kept moving before the pictures took. This was the least blurry photo. -.- Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. I had the Lemongrass, Coconut, and Ginger one. It was INCREDIBLE. They really are about quality at this cafe. 




"Well... That's all I have to say about that."





No comments:

Post a Comment