Friday, August 9, 2013

Café de Manha


Love me some free-range brown eggs!!


Top of the morning to ya!


   I love breakfast! In fact, it is hands-down my absolute favorite meal of the day. I go to bed thinking about breakfast. I make breakfast thinking about breakfast. I... Is it just me or is anyone else having a dejavu?? I feel like I've said something like this before. Hmmm...

  So, our favourite thing... Well, ONE of our favourite things here are Woolworths' muffins. Muffins are über popular in South Africa. The only weird thing about muffin consumption here is that if you order it in a restaurant, they'll bring butter, jam... and shredded cheddar with it. I finally asked someone and they do actually put the cheese on their muffins when they eat it. Bran, chocolate chip, blueberry, ANY muffin. Interesting. 

   -That's almost as weird as Mo and I discovering that cheddar eaten with a coffee bean is really good! ... No, I'm serious. 

   Another thing about me is that I really really really like to start my day with eggs. My body craves that protein. I learned from someone that it actually helps kickstart your brain. 

   This was today's breakfast:




Scrambled egg batter? Dough?? Soup??? ... I wonder if there is a term out there.


Avos are really popular here, of course. Thank God because we Whitlock females could live off of them. And they are ridiculously cheap!


An egg is not an egg without Feta. So, I added that too.


And a delicious blueberry muffin...


Ok. I'll be honest. I had a blueberry muffin AND a chocolate chip chocolate muffin. :D


Mo's inferior breakfast of muesli (granola) mixed with peanut butter. But hey... the world wouldn't be interesting if we didn't have people like her! ;-) 




"Well... That's all I have to say about that!" 



4 comments:

  1. QUE DELICIA!!!!
    eu confesso que eu não gostava de ovos no café da manha, mas depois de 4 anos aqui eu comecei a comer isso e agora eu adoro!!!
    É tipo assim sabe, *AMAZING* haha
    TE AMO SIS
    bjos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why God brought you to Houston... Well, one of the reasons. ;-) You are *hilarious*, Mana! Te amo!

      bjs

      Delete
  2. I almost put away my free range eggs to search for a more inferior breakfast..keeping them out and going to at least eat ONE! Sadly I'm out of avocados cuz those i can live off of as well..yum, I've never had it with eggs.only * everything* else :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just really nothing that can compete with eggs for breakfast, Auntie! ;-) I am glad to know that you share my love for avocados. A friend once suggested using salsa, too, which is incredible! You should try it and let me know what you think.

      Delete