Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Our Adventures So Far...


One of our layovers was in Dubai... My parents took us on a "desert safari" about 45min out from Dubai.  Our guide took us on a 4x4 sand dune ride... Took years off of my life but it was LOADS of fun!


Although it is nice to speak about the experience,  I really do bless the Spaniards for introducing at least Americans to horses. (Mom and Mo with a Nigerian guide)


Very rarely will you catch a normal photo of my siblings and me. I'm afraid we have too much fun together. :-)


When we lived in Moçambique 3 yrs ago, my dad had a vehicle we called "the green machine"... This is our new adventure vehicle - the Defender - and it is loads of fun!


Scary looking, right?? I burned my brain trying to figure out how'd they get it down when someone told me it was empty. Jokes on me.


Sun in the eyes + silly face (Mo didn't get the memo). Riding on some land in the back of a bakki.


My attempt at iPhone photography, which I am afraid you will be subjected to. Craig and I were standing at the highest point of a friend's farm.


No matter how old we get, we will always be kids at heart. This is really only about 10' tall. ( Our friend, Daniel, Graeme, and Mo) 



I will never be the photographer my sisters are... But I am pretty proud of this one. Especially since it looks like smoke is coming out of Craig's head.


One of the cool things about Africa is that you may run into NatGeo people... This guy has been following the wild descendants of abandoned horses for two years.


Dad looking official as he plays with his new NatGeo friend's incredible camera. 


The horses are so used to people and love attention. This one really liked us.


Mo, Gab, and I enjoying rusks and Five Roses as we "baboon watch" from our friends veranda. 



6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Photographer you definitely are:) love those shots..in fact, the shadow shot you got looks like the clouds on his head there too :D
    I will share this with the rest of the family, they'll be excited and I know the blog will be on our favourites!<3 God bless and keep loving Him. Love u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie!

      Thank you so much for your support and encouragement! I will have to tell Gabbi and Mo what you said about my photography. ;)

      I love you so much! Please send my hugs, love, and greetings to the family. MWAH!

      The Lord be with you.

      Delete
  2. CAELYN!!!!!!! soooooo happy you got a blog! :) I love y'all so much and am excited to see pictures and read updates here! love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HANNAH!!! Thank you, my sister. :-) I miss you so much! Hug your precious parents for me and my other siblings.

      Love you lots! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Eu amo cada uma das suas fotos!!!!
    Lindos, lindos, lindos!!!!
    bate uma saudade tão forte, mas ao mesmo tempo eu me sinto como se estivesse viajando com vocês ai!!
    beijos
    Fica com Deus
    TE AMO SIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada, Mana!! We can't wait to have you with us.The family is not complete without you. ;-)

      Fica com Deus! bjs

      Te amo!

      Delete