Sunday, August 11, 2013

It's a Wonderful Life!



   Top of the morning to ya!

   

   It's no longer morning here; but tradition is tradition and I'm stickin' to it! ;-)

   This is the second to last day of a South African long weekend. Sadly enough, they have bought the feminist lie and we are "celebrating" Women's Day... for four days. The great side is that we were able to relax and enjoy great fellowship.

   We had a braai at our place and my photographer (*cough* Gabbi) lost sight of the goal and I am afraid that I cannot show you interesting photos from that. I'll give her some slack, though, because who could resist holding two brand new adorable babies in our fellowship??!! ;-)

    Even though this is primarily a food blog, I want to share our party/fellowship/braai photos and other shenanigans to give you a glimpse into our life here, as well. However, I did manage to take a few photos over the weekend that give an idea of what we've been up to.




Dad was brave enough to teach Mo and me how to drive his manual beastly vehicle... Mo did better than I did. I definitely am thankful for automatic! (I want to conquer this, though.)


I made some chicken and veggie curry Friday night. It was really good, if I might say so myself. I am not a huge fan of curry chicken because I've never really had one that made me just crave it. However, I wanted to make this taste as best as possible and I got good feedback from the fam. :-) Made my day!


I sauteed the veggies in a separate pan and then added the chicken and coconut milk to this. Let me tell you, butternut squash makes an excellent sweet contrast with this!


Pip chilling out on the couch next to me... Too funny!


Gab trying to take all the credit for the brownies. I was taking photos of each step and she ran up. She's a hoot! ... We had to improvise quite a bit since we're using what was already in the house to make everything. This tub-like mixing bowl was a blessing because every other bowl in the kitchen is not meant for cooking for a family of 7. 


These are not ribs... This is the delicious brownie batter. I folded in milk chocolate bar chunks since I have to find this baking store that supposedly has chocolate chips. They turned out to be delectable... Even to our Afrikaaner guests. :-)


Stole this finished product photo from my mom! So glad she took this because I had to leave the house before they were done in the oven and, therefore, did not get a photo.



This is the view once you step out of our back sliding doors. Spectacular... You see all kinds of gorgeous birds, various types of deer, the neighbours' dogs, men golfing, etc. We have one squirrel too. Ha! 


And of course it is the ideal reading spot.  I can't imagine the splendour of Eden, because this is absolutely breath-taking!


Soaking in the winter sun.





"Well... That's all I have to say about that."


5 comments:

  1. SMH garota. Selfies no seu blog não pode!!!!! lol
    TE AMO SIS
    Saudades!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Mana!! I deliberated over whether or not I would post that.

      Nao tenho fotografos entao eu preciso que tomar minhas fotos. Hehe - Or however you say that... Thank you for following my blog!! TE AMO MUITO MAIS, BONITA!! ;-) Saudades!

      bjs

      Delete
    2. "Não tenho quem tire fotos pra mim, então preciso tirar minhas própria fotos!"
      Seu portugues ta muito bom. Eu consigo entender tudo o que vc quer dizer!!!!
      Te amo muito mais ainda!!! Linda!!!
      Saudades!!!

      Delete
  2. We Love you too! and those pics make me want to get to south af ASAP!!! :-)
    I would like to try the right side left shift driving thing one day..seems exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it makes you want to come soon! You should! We would LOVE that. :-) Te amo!! xoxo

      Delete