Friday, February 14, 2014

A Little Valentine's Day Heart-String Pulling

Top of the morning to ya!


     So, you may not know this about me but I don't really get into Valentine's Day. Besides the fact that the colour choices are just plain horrible, I feel bad for the men. It is another utterly selfish excuse for women to demand from their men and I just can't be a part of it! ;-)

    However, I do find it fun to write sweet notes to dear friends and family and I'll jokingly be asked by friends to be their Valentine. That I don't mind. However, I will not force that on my future husband.

     Something I am sure you DO know about me (if you've either known me for a while or have followed this blog from the beginning) is that I do not like dogs... Besides Pip and my pap's old German Shephard... I LOATHE the presence of dogs.

   They can be cute with funny personalities; but they stink, you have to bathe them, they defecate everywhere, you have to buy expensive food for them, and you can't just travel anywhere without first making plans for kenneling or dog-sitting. They're just plain high maintenance.

     

   To all of the people out there that say dogs are easier than children: I am highly offended. 


    Anyways... We've had this swallow nest above our front door for quite sometime and we've suspected that meant cute little babies. To my understanding, there were a total of three, and the runt of the hatchlings is still trying to fly. Everyday, its parents and siblings prod him on, but he just won't fly.

    Rhodes got to meet him today. (The poor little guy is so lonely he just hops around our driveway and sleeps under the shelter of our doorway.) We were a bit nervous as to what Rhodes would do when he saw him. I think Rhodes was initially excited by the strange little creature.

    To our great delight and wonder, this was Rhodes's response:



Rhodes decided to protect his little swallow who eventually fell asleep 
under the security of a lion-hunter. Too cute, right?? ... This is what I call
a LOVE-ly Valentines.





"Well... That's all I have to say about that."

2 comments:

  1. awww!!! Rhodes!!!! that is the most precious thing... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... Even I had to admit to how precious this was! ;-)

      Delete