Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Swaziland


Top of the morning to ya!

   So, we reached our 90day mark on the 29th of September, which means we had to leave the country and come back through to renew our visas. 
  We definitely didn't want South Africa kicking us out and we're still waiting on our work permits to process AND it just so happened that Mom's birthday was the 30th. Why not make a trip of it???
   I have never been to England, but I know many who have including my parents, and Swaziland is probably it's African equivalent as far as the weather. It is influenced by the English; but that weather! When Mo and I were children we would watch Beatrix Potter and LOADS of BBC movies and say: It sure seems to always be cold and wet in England! We went to some of our favourite shops in Ngwenya and I told the cashier at one boutique that as many times as I've been to Swazi, I've never experienced warm sunshine. She exclaimed: No, Sis!!! Shame! It was JUST warm until Friday and then this rain and cold front. - I guess it wouldn't be like old times if the weather was different, eh?? ;-) 

   The plus to all that rain is the green lush. It is a magnificently beautiful country and very peaceful. Here are some photos of our weekend: 





 

The Royal Swazi Spa Hotel. Many many nationalities were represented on the weekend guest list. Gotta love diversity! 


Mo, Gab, and I walked around on the grounds as soon we arrived. We almost bombed a wedding happening just a few meters from where we took this photo.


The back of the hotel had a bar, restaurant, pool, and jacuzzi.


I have a fascination for old trees and thought this one was pretty awesome. If it weren't for the poolside bar staff, I would've climbed it.


The hotel was definitely an atmosphere of be lazy and indulge. 


This was actually the pathway to a relaxing spa. After all seven of us scheduled appointments on separate occasions the ladies were like: Wow! Are you one whole family?? We've had a lot of Whitlocks come in today. 


I thought this sign was hilarious... It was in this whack Dutch-owned gift shop at the hotel.


Gabbi is so cute with her nerd glasses! This was in the one restaurant where we had a breakfast and dinner buffet.


Gabbi and I getting stoked about our first spa appointment.


Horrible lighting but here's the main entrance to the spa. I loved the atmosphere.


Ngwenya Glass Factory. Such a cool place. If you come at the right time, you can watch the guys as they make the different glass products.


I thought this was the coolest invention. The glasses have a centre of balance and never tips. 


These are pretty popular here because people love their drinks on the beach. I've never seen glasses like this and had to take a photo.


Gabbi must've been enamored by the glass or something. ;-)




I got some other photos of the actual factory side and then Graham told me there was a no photography sign. We had just read a comical chapter in The Royal Road to Romance that made me think twice about posting them. I decided not to and my conscience is clear. :-)


This is so clever! I'll admit it took me two times reading it to get it. Ha!



Several peacocks roamed the grounds near the glass factory.


This guy was really full of himself and kept wooing the ladies. I tried to get a video but, again, my enemy Bad Lighting ruined that.



"Well... That's all I have to say about that."




No comments:

Post a Comment