Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Proper Quiche


Top of the morning to ya!

   I had the best breakfast in a while- thanks to my lovely sister, Mo. She and Gabbi have been very diligent in their eating habits and exercise and they are challenging me to do the same. Day 1 was one I will not forget and it was quite hardy. Part of the diet is to help various health nuisances we each have.




A proper quiche is loaded with sauteed veggies and chopped ham/turkey/chicken etc.


A proper quiche has roasted broccoli.


A proper quiche has LOADS of chopped basil. Woot-woot!! 


And a quiche ain't a quiche without loads of cheese. We used cheddar...


... And Danish Feta.


Obviously you need the eggs. I add milk, seasonings, and my secret ingredient: dijon mustard. You can't taste it but it enhances the ingredients, to me.


Mo likes tomatoes. I do too but I'd prefer to have them with mozzarella and basil.


Morgan made some lovely coconut-milk rice with nutmeg and agave nectar.


And roasted zucchini and cauliflower... Er... What ONCE was roasted zucchini and cauliflower. That was so good none of our plates had any left when I thought to take a photo. ;-)



"Well... That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment