Thursday, October 3, 2013

{Gabbi}

 Top of the morning to ya!


     Meet Gabbi. Bona fide genius, this girl. 14 years old with the intellect of a 40 year old. Sunshine and happiness. Has the best chipmunk giggle. Strong. Caring. Creative. Organised. ... Just look up "Gabbi" in the dictionary and you'll find lots of strong attributes attached. ;-)
   She has loads of nicknames that describe her. Before she could understand, my parents jokingly called her "Gabzilla". I'm sure I don't have to explain that one. She has always been partners-in-crime with our brother, Graham, and the two NEVER seemed to run out of energy. In fact, they're still like that and will continue to be rightfully referred to as Thing 1 and Thing 2.

   One thing that I really admire about Gabs is her determination. (Yes, I call her "Gabs" too. That wasn't a typo.) She is self-motivated and an avid learner. She asked me to quiz her for her biology test and I am confident the girl is going to ace it. I chuckled to myself because she got stumped by the word "Holdfast" but she could tell me - without hesitation - the Phylum, Habitat, Organization, Cell wall, and also give an example of anything she learned in the Subkingdom Algae.




Holdfast: a special structure used by organisms to anchor itself.

   There's a lot to say about this girl... But I better be careful because she knows I am writing about her and is suddenly motivated to look at my blog I've been telling her about!! 

  Here are some photos of our study session: 










"Well... That's all I have to say about that."


1 comment:

  1. IT'S GABRIELA!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness, Caelyn...you don't know how much I miss y'all!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete