Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Moving Right Along... (Are You Singing it Now??)



Top of the morning to ya!!!


     It's been crazy hectic with the Whitlocks, to say the least. But in it all, God is faithful and there are more awesome adventures to tell the grandkids about. ;-)


   We are now staying in a lovely eco-reserve where there are wildebeasts, giraffes, jackals, guinea fowls, monkeys, zebras, Kudu, etc... All game animals. Now, people can ask us if we see giraffes in our backyard and we can answer: YES!



                    (I once got asked by an American if I rode giraffes to school... Seriously???) 



    We are about to have a massive Thanksgiving and are excited to present this all- American holiday to our curious South African friends... Prayerfully, it'll be a success! Our blessed Food Fundi friends offered to do the turkeys. They are currently at the top of my "Favourite People" list.

   Morgan and I got quite a kick out of a friend (who gave us permission to share this) who came up to Mo and said: Ok. Tell me... What is the difference between the 4th of July and Thanksgiving??? - We died with laughter. My friend, Ash, said: Just tell her the difference in the voice of the lady from The Patriot: Ooooh FIREWORKS!!


    Anywho... Here are some photos from the past few weeks:


Meet Marli... Or Molly (no one has clarified that for me, yet)... She's cute at first sight... But then she left lovely messes for us that made her STINK. 


Gabbi and the pup... She's like a live teddy bear.


Our friend's home... Single guy lived in this house!! I still can't get over it! I told my mom if I got married yesterday I'd buy it. haha ;-)


Gab and the dog, again.


The back of the house.


The view from our temporary home... It's in the same reserve we'll be staying in.


The back view...


I love landscape photos so here's more...


And in case you couldn't really tell in the other photos... ;-)


HENRIK CAME TO VISIT!!! He is a very good friend of the family. Former Swedish navy diver and my scuba instructor from when we lived in Moçambique. It was so awesome seeing him!!


The boys and two of their partners in crime: David (being squashed at the bottom) and Will.


My friend, Ridwana, and I made creme puffs... Well, she did most of the work. We made the mistake of making them when my bros had there buddies over. This is the lone survivor. 


I made some applesauce that was mercilessly devoured, also... Food barely survives in the Whitlock household.


I've also been doing some baking for our young adults' cell group. This was a lemon-strawberry bundt cake. I love strawberry anything. 


Dad took his Whitlock ladies to Pretoria with him for meetings. Thankfully, we were able to drop him off and explore. It's SO beautiful there. 


I don't know why but I really liked this bridge... Nothing especially spectacular about it.



So... this is cool! Being in Pretoria and seeing a really nice Harley-Davidson store.



This is the entrance to Menlyn Mall.


We were naughty and bought two different smoothies from two different establishments... Gabbi and Mo brough their New Zealand smoothies to where Mom and I were sitting at Kauai. 


She's just too cute, this gal!


Driving around on Steven Bikko street... Apparently, this used to have an Afrikaans name. Very confusing all these name changes. My friend, who is from Pretoria, said you can drive on the same street for several robots and the name will change up to four times. I'm curious to see if GPS systems will be able to keep up with these political changes. 


Driving home from Pretoria.


This poor car probably thought we were FBI instead of foreigners soaking in the scenery.



The colours were so vibrant after the rain! Dad was driving too fast for me to take a clear photo. ;-)





"Well... That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment