Saturday, September 7, 2013

MusaweNkosi: Part 2


Part two consists more of our "play time" with the children. 


These three LOVE to pose for cameras. They were cracking Mo and me up because each wanted the centre, so we were mostly getting photos of their shirts because they were too close. But after a while, we got them to cooperate.


We joked and called her "Sheh-beh-meh". She is SUPER animated and spunky. She only speaks Zulu and at one point she heard me asking the girls a couple of times: Is she being mean? (I forget why I was asking this, exactly.) She started repeating what she heard: "A sheh-beh-meh??"


Posing in Craig's specs.



The girls were extremely fascinated with Daniel's hair. It was so funny to watch! I think he enjoyed the free head massage. ;-)


This was our last day; so we took a photo with the children and Dutch team.


This particular house mother grew very dear to my heart. She forced us to really learn simple conversational (greetings) Zulu. She had a tremendous smile and laugh. She reached out to us every day that we came. I love her so much!



The partners in crime.


This is what happens when the boys get a hold of your camera! Daniel actually got some really good photos on his camera. Although I was in charge of his camera, some of the kids would get it from me and take as many shots as they could before I could get it back. Ha!






The little boys dog-piling Lydia.








It blessed my heart seeing my brothers playing with the younger boys. So many older boys and young men invested in my brothers when they were little. Now to see them doing the same, I know, is so glorifying to God and such a witness to me! God is good.


Each day when we laughed, those of who were riding in the bed of the bakki would throw the soccer ball back and forth with the kids as we drove out the gate. Some of the little boys would sprint alongside the car for about 100m too. Good times.






Here is one of the finished products. We taught them to make simple tunics just so they could get an idea of following a pattern. 


We praise God for this opportunity. It went all too fast but we definitely were taught a lot and I know this impacted each of our lives greatly. The Charltons are INCREDIBLE hosts and each day was filled with hearty laughs and deep discussions. I pray that their ministry will be blessed as they continue to glorify God with it. 


"Well... That's all I have to say about that."



No comments:

Post a Comment